Wednesday 1 August 2012

I'm lost... (Elegy on the demise of my dear brother)


He’s free at last, free from the burdens
Free from the world of wicked schemes
No more evil instrument to torment him
No green eyes to strangle him

He swam his way to emancipation
On a sultry evening of March
They said ‘he was drunk
And met his watery grave’

Doctors said he had a bad heart attack
And lost his balance in the stream
Friends said he was called by the heavens
‘Cause he was too good to live long

His wife and children are still on the bed
So is his age-old mother
Brothers are back to their working places
So am I, to my world of thoughts

He was my light, the way and the truth
Guide, friend and a caring soul
It was me who lost him bad
Lo, I’m lost in the maze of mad world

My world is blank without you
Life is terrible with you not being there
May God bless you with eternal life
May your soul rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment