Monday 13 August 2012

Wanderer


Son, my dear son….
I knew you were asking why father was not near you…
And I can understand your doubts…
Son, dear son…
I was born to be a wanderer
And I have been wandering all these years
Still I wander… and will wander for some more time
Till I die, my dearest
My wandering, my dreams and my longing for a tune
Will go on and on…
In a sunny June morning
I heard the symphony
Of an intricate, beautiful melody…
And in quest of that I set out my journey
Away, away in a world so crammed
Winding roads and narrowing lanes
Teeming conurbations and tamed hamlets
And still I go… here and there…
Son, dear son
You have a whole new world of unheard tales
Of unseen people and unsung rhythms
Be yourself, explore the planet
Get lost in the crowd, search for your roof
And be sure your father is not with you… 

No comments:

Post a Comment