Tuesday 31 July 2012

Alone, all alone...



A solitary palm tree stands among the green grass

A slimy rivulet carries the sewage of the metro

A cowherd, clad in loin clothes, snores away the midday

In the shades of undergrowth in the distant corner

A gale that blows mellows the tropical heat

And the rhythm of the wind makes a sweet symphony

Everything is bright and sunny, yet I'm so morose

Standing in the balcony, down in the dumps

   

No one near me, nothing to perturb, yet somewhere within

A sense of fear, a feeling of loss and a lump in my throat

Yeah, it pains me to be there lonely on the planet

Like the pus in a wound that turned septic

I can hear the honking of vehicles away in the city

See dark smokes from chimneys enveloping the sky

The siren of an ambulance goes soft as it moves far

The white painted structures shimmer in the mirage

The iron grill gets hotter and my heartbeats grow higher

A mystifying twinge engulfs my soul

Oh! How long have I been standing in the loggia?

I'm lonely and sad - waiting for my love

No comments:

Post a Comment